Saturday 13 April 2013

An alternative one page profile

One page profiles are a fantastic way of getting to know the real person, understanding who they are, seeing the world through their eyes.........

This is an extract from an alternative one page profile.......

There's a window on the world many don't get to see, 
A vision of life, dreams, passions, laughter and glee.
I grew from a child with desires full to the brim,
A heart full of creation, unconditional free from sin.
The sun would shine almost each and every day,
A glorious wonder filling me with joy in every way.
Happiness was my drug of choice, way back then,
If I could, if you would let me, I'd do it all again.
So many things, sights, sounds, smells, I remember them all,
Like playing in the ruins, roaring like soldiers, fighting, standing tall,
Like me grandma cooking stovies and the kettle on the fire,
The soot from the coal, the flames dancing, growing higher.
The outside toilet, the bath on the living room floor,
The sirens blaring outside, preparing us for war.
Nothing could stop us, we'd seen it all before

So come for me now, you know nothing of me
I'm not the person before you, it's only the dementia that you see

No comments:

Post a Comment